Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2011

I am so busy I can't do my blog - COOLANGATTA

I think I will start with going to COOLANGATTA for three days, Dave had a conference to go to through his Council.  He asked me quite often to go on these conferences but I usually don't go as I normally have something else on, but this time I thought being his last one and being Coolangatta which by the way I haven't been to in 46 years, so I wanted to see the changes of the "Beach House" (before and now).

Beach House in 1965
Beach House in 2011
On my second day I went to BRISBANE by bus and train to see one of my favourite foster sisters Gwenny, it took me about three hours and the bus doesn't meet the train everytime.  Gwenny and I had a lovely time together, I will be seeing her and Ken in January as they will be down in Sydney to see their family.

Gwen and Diana
This is a Bottle Tree and Gwen in Brisbane City
My stay in Coolangatta was good, seeing Gwen and the next day I had on my own, I somehow managed to fill in the time while Dave was in his conference.  I had lunch at the Coolangatta Surf Club right on the beach.  I read my book at the beach, and just walked around looking for the now Beach House.  We went to Kingscliffe surf club for dinner and wow the erosion was almost up to the club, I had seen it on TV but didn't realise how bad it was.  I was disappointed that there wasn't anywhere to hire a bicycle anywhere seeing it is so flat  The next day I filled in again and walked around to Rainbow Beach, took some photos as well.

View from the Outrigger Twin Towers Tweed Head where we stayed.
The things I did and saw having coffee and walking in the mornings.
 View up the Coolangatta Coast from Greenmount

CONFERENCE DINNER NIGHT  (yummy)
It was a wonderful night, love the colourful room, and the band was great.

Thought these were interesting,  the seat and the rules for boardriders at Rainbow Beach

Enjoy you day
Dizee!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that old photo of the Beach House. Dessert looks so yummy too. Great pics. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo too.... Those were the good old days... I think I prefer the laid back look back then. L xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message!