Pages

Saturday 12 November 2011

"A Goodbye to Aunty Della"

This is a small goodbye to My Husband's Aunty by marriage, he called her Aunty Della, we went to her memorial at the Maritime Museum Sydney.  It was good to hear her life story as I didn't know quite a lot of it even though I had known her for quite a few years, Dave and Della were really good friends.  Della was quite amasing in working in a mans' world, especially in the Union Movement, she was the Secretary for the Seamans' Union and in her day it was all men, apparently they respected her, I don't think she would have copped any nonense  from the men.  She met her husband there, they worked very close together, I didn't get to meet Elliott, he had passed away before I got to meet Della.  Below is a photo of her portrait she had done.



Goodbye Della!!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a message!