Pages

Sunday 21 August 2011

Out with old Friends

I organise a girls' night out every now and then, we went out last Friday night and we always find things to talk about, it is a Noodle restaurant, great food, I love the Gado Gado noodle salad, it is an Indonesian dish, really scrumptious.

I went out to lunch with friends to this great cafe called "Armchair Collectives" near where I live.  Three of us had lovely food, they also have a lot of goodies to buy, I bought a lovely spotted red teapot.  I need more time to look around next time.




Knitting squares for charity.

Each year the ABC Radio ask people to knit squares to make blankets for the countries that need them, so this year I have decided to start making squares and have a bundle for next years blankets.  I haven't knitted sinces the 80's due to arthritis in the neck and hands plus on a computer all day 5 days a week when I worked, the needles and wool were so heavy then but not for these squares, 10" x 10" or 51-55 stitches, size 4mm or size 8 needles,  you can use any colour wool, so far I done nearly 5 squares seeings I only knit at night.  I know I have used really bright colours but I like them, I have more wool some of it not so bright, I will vary the colours as time goes by.




Went swimming this morning at my local rockpool, the surf was great, it was really cold, but the water got a bit warmer the more I swan but the wind makes it cold when you get out, luckily I have a wetsuit on, then I have a cold shower sometimes the shower is warmer than the pool, I just love it have been doing swimming summer about 12 years and winter this is my 3rd year.  I really look forward to my cappiccino and a chat with friends, there is a lovely lady who asks if she can sit with us because we laugh a lot and it makes her feel good, she tries to get her husband to come but he still goes to work in the city and he is 83 years old.


Next morning went swimming as you would know by now and it was blowing a gale, the seas aren't as rough as I thought they would be.




Enjoy your day!!
Dizee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!