Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Busy, Busy time since I turned 65 years old

My Local Area Sand & Beaches

Wow, I have had a wonderful busy time since I turned 65, first my husband and I went out to lunch (great because we are retired) at one of our favourite restaurants.  We mind our lovely grandchildren when we aren't not too busy.  We love having them, they are so good for us, we have six grandchildren with one on the way due towards the end of the year, two live in New Zealand, two are now living do the South Coast, and three are just around the corner.

I swim everyday summer and winter at my local rock pool, yes it is quite cold in the winter but I cheat, I wear a wetsuit, helps a lot.  I love seeing the ocean different every day, no two days are the same, the sand changes each day depending on the tides.  I love to watch the high tide going up into the entrance of the lagoon and watching board riders, pelicans, sometime the dolphins and the occasional whale.

One small thing happened that interfered with one of my outings, not good,  I had a small attack of amnesia it is called (Global Transient Amnesia), I was suppose to go to High Tea with my lovely Sister, lovely Nieces and lovely daughter, one of my nieces decided to call me "Aunty Dory" ( the movie "Nemo") ha! ha!, I must say I love the saying and use it quite often now, no more using the saying "senior moments".








"Port Villa" Vanuatu


The next exciting outing was a trip to "Vanuatu" for a week with my husband, well what a wonderful place and time we had, did a lot of reading, I was reading a great book called "The Beach House" by Mary Alice Munroe and my husband even read it and thought it was great.  I would say Vanuatu has the best bus service in the world, you just went out to the front of the resort and there was always a bus coming, it must have the letter "B" on the number plate and the fares were $1.50 each way within the town limits.  The first day we snorkelled and was amased with the lovely blue star fish everywhere, sea slugs and many colourful fish.  It did rain for the first three days but that didn't deter us from going places, we went to "Hideaway Island" memories at it was twenty years since we had been there when we were on the cruise ship "Fairstar", it has changed so much.  Dined at lovely restaurants, and cafes.  We went to different island for lunch, and my husband snorkelled when were on the glass bottom boat.  The people are beautiful, very friendly and very lay back.






Ramada Resort Port Villa





View from Dining Room

 




Hideaway Island


Enjoy your day
Dizee

2 comments:

  1. Vanuatu looks amazing! I am dreaming of Fiji in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the rough surf and fishermen looks awesome! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message!