Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

HAD A Whale of a Time

Hearing about the Whale being in the Pool at Newport I decided to go and have a look.  I haven't seen a dead whale before so now was my chance to get some photos.  When I arrived there were a lot of people like me having a sticky beak.  I really felt sorry for the poor whale as it was juvenille male humback, very blubbery.


Council workers wondering what to do with such a big creature, they took away the polls and chains around part of the pool so it would float out in the high tide which is did, only to return again on another part of the beach in the morning.



After I finished down on the beach I decided to go up onto the Headland above the pool to take these photos.
I went back later in the day to see if anything had changed but nothing, so I took a photo in the late afternoon sun.
 I won't be going out as the stench will be really bad as it was rather off yesterday.  On the new today they have decided to cut the whale up and take it away.

Bye for now enjoy your day
Dizee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!