Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Annual ABC Sydney Radio KNIT IN for 2012

 Each year for ten years the ABC 702 Radio Station had organised a Knit In by one of the radio announcers her name is Angela Catterns which was called "WRAP WITH LOVE" this was the last one at their venue.  I decided I would love to go so I went with a couple of ladies from my now knitting group at our local library they knit for charities.  I did put in my blog a while ago photos of some of my squares I did for charity.  The squares go to make blankets for the people around the world who need them.  They make so many blankets knitted and crochet.  When you arrive you can be served a cup of tea by a radio announcer called Richard Glover, he only serves real tea (tea leaves) in a pot and strainer.  I like the way he dressers up to get in the mood the tea lady. (see below).

Maureen, Me and Richard
 These young students have decided to do knitting for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards, they have to pick something they normally wouldn't do.
Love the Emu
From right: Linda Mottram & Jane Hutchins
Two different ways of spinning wool


Part of the main area, there were other areas as well, about over a thousand people were there.
Geraldine Dooge and Linda Montram on live radio.






 Had to take a photo of these socks and coat.

Good to see the men participate
 This young lady looks really cold but did a great job, and the boy was there from a farm, it is all about wool for knitting. 
Of course we all know Dick Smith talking to the knitters.
good on you mate
 Angela presenting a picture to the founder of the "WRAP FOR LOVE"
 
 
 

The last few photos are some of the end products.
I have to say I really enjoyed the morning.

Bye for now enjoy your day
Dizee!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!