Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Wild & Woolley weather in Sydney

We have had many wild days in Sydney as we did onTuesday and Wednesday nights. Every now and then through winter it happens, the only thing is I can't go swimming at the pool it is too dangerous to go in as you will see in my photos. My Husband and I decided to go down about 9pmTuesday night  to have a look at our lagoon entrance we couldn't believe what we were seeing, the surges went over the road at Ocean Street, cars coming along the road couldn't believe what they were seeing, I didn't know that it ever came over that far. The reason it happened on those nights was a combination of three things, our biggest tied 2.1 metres of the year, even bigger than our Christmas tieds, a full moon and wild weather all at one time.
Narrabeen Lagoon Entrance
I haven't quite mastered night photography as yet, I think you can see how high the water was.
Dave standing in the froth from the high tied Tuesday night.




The pool I swim in everyday is invisible.

Today is Thursday and I had a great swim the surf was still coming through but nowhere as bad as the other day, the water is still quite warm.



Bye for now
Dizee!!

1 comment:

  1. The photos of the pool with the 3 birds on the light post are great... the waves are incredible, definately something you dont see very often...L xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message!